Cefotaxime Sodium Injection
Product Name: Cefotaxime Sodium Injection
Common Name: Claforan
Strength: 250 mg / 5 ML
Cefotaxime sodium is a semisynthetic, broad spectrum cephalosporin antibiotic for parenteral administration. Cefotaxime (INN) is a third-generation cephalosporin antibiotic. Like other third-generation cephalosporins, cefotaxime is a broad-spectrum antibiotic with activity against numerous gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
Indications and Usage:
cefotaxime is used for a variety of infections, including:
- Lower respiratory tract infections – e.g. pneumonia (most commonly caused by S. pneumoniae)
- Genitourinary system infections – urinary tract infections (e.g. E. coli, S. epidermidis, P. mirabilis) and cervical/urethral gonorrhea
- Gynecologic infections – e.g. pelvic inflammatory disease, endometritis, and pelvic cellulitis
- Bacteremia/septicemia – secondary to Streptococcus spp., S. aureus, E. coli, and Klebsiella spp.
- Intra-abdominal infections – e.g. peritonitis
- Bone and join infections – S. aureus, Streptococcus spp.
- CNS infections – e.g. meningitis/ventriculitis secondary to N. meningitidis, H. influenzae, S. pneumoniae
Pack Size: Cefotaxime Sodium Injection is available in 5ml vial.
Minimum Order Quantity: 3000 packs